|STAR FIRE PROTECTION
Fire Protection Contractors
| PROJECT CONSULTING SERVICES:
Cost-effective construction for effective life safety,
property protection, model building and fire code compliance.
• Design/Plan Review
• Hazardous Materials Analysis
• Code Revision and Representation
• Construction Administration
• Site Observations
• Bid Document Preparation
• Fire Protection and Water Supply Studies
FIRE PROTECTION ENGINEERING:
A full-service engineering staff utilizing cutting-edge technology for the most cost-effective fire protection system design.
• Hazard Evaluation
• Smoke Control
• Computer Modeling
• Design Methodology
• Cost Benefit Analysis
• Code Interpretation
• Peer and Third-Party Review
• Special Hazards
• Performance-Based Design
• Alternate Materials and Methods – Code Equivalency
• Value engineered systems at lowest possible overall cost
• Optimum insurance premiums with Insurance Underwriters
FIRE PROTECTION DESIGN SYSTEM SERVICES:
Value-engineering from the architectural planning phase to the Certificate of Occupancy phase to meet all applicable Codes and Standards on design and installation. Cost-effective fire protection design.
• Automatic Sprinkler System Design
• Underground Fire Main, Fire Water Service, Fire Pump and Water
• Fire Alarm System Design
• Special Hazard Design
• Fire Protection Plan Review
• Project Budget Forecasting
• Project Completion Observation/Inspection
• Fire Suppression, Fire Sprinkler and Fire Alarm Systems
• Water Supply Analysis
INSPECTION OF FIRE PROTECTION SYSTEMS:
Visual inspection and testing observations required by Local, State and National Fire Codes, insurance underwriters, local jurisdictions and litigation.
• Project Completion Observation
• Code and Bid Document Compliance Observation
LOSS CONTROL SERVICES:
Risk analysis related to life safety and property protection.
• Property and process hazard analysis
• Internal fire protection safety standards and procedures
• Underwriter recommendation review
• On-site inspection programs to validate compliance with corporate
or insurance guidelines
MUNICIPAL PLAN REVIEW SERVICES:
Staff resources in the areas of Fire Protection Engineers (P.E.) and Fire Protection Designers, with the most comprehensive reviewing services in the industry.
• Fire Protection Plan Review
• Fire Alarm Plan Review
• Smoke Control and Evacuation System Review
• Chemical Classification
• Commodity Classification
• Engineering Report, Alternate Methods and Materials Report or
Performance-Based Design Review
• High piles storage permits and evaluation
THIRD-PARTY ACCEPTANCE TESTING:
Review installations of fire alarm systems, fire sprinkler systems and fire suppression systems.
• Observation/Inspection of new installation for code/bid document
• Field operational testing of systems for integration with other
EXPERT WITNESS AND TESTIMONY SERVICES:
Review of documentation, installation, inspection and maintenance of fire alarm systems, fire sprinkler systems and specialty fire suppression systems.
• Review and analysis of system failures
• Observation/Inspection of losses caused by fire or system failures